A few fun things about me
- I am a coffee snob
- a trucker’s wife
- I love birds
- reading, cooking, learning
- knitting socks
- There is nothing like real butter on a fresh-baked piece of bread
- I have been self-employed and had a successful home-based business
- now I spend my time doing art and learning everything I can
I am an artist with every bit of my soul. Being creative is how I experience the world around me.
Any time is art time and I squeeze art in every chance I get. When I am not creating art I am thinking about it, planning it or learning new things.
You could say I am a learnaholic! I am always interested in keeping my creative mind fed.
Art has been both my joy, my passion, and my therapy. It has kept me sane through raising a family and it is what I look forward to every day.
My Creative Self
I love to find emotion in the things that I paint and for me, color is a very big part of that.
Art is not only something you see but something you feel.
It’s knowing how to capture the feeling of walking down that quiet path in the woods and being able to make you feel it.
Being able to paint that little place at the end of the road in a way where you can feel like you are sitting right there and can feel the gentle breeze on your face and the warmth of the sun on your skin is how I think about my art when I am working.
It’s about connection, emotion, daydreaming, feeling, reminiscing and wandering. We all are drawn to moments and places in time and I love exploring those intimate connections through art and color.
Our memories and feelings are a big part of who we are and they are unique to each one of us.
In my art, I use color to explore that feeling and connection in a way that I hope makes you want to be right there. I want you to feel it whether it’s a quiet stroll or a stormy day approaching.
I love nature, lost places, all the middle of nowheres in life that make you stop and wonder and take a deep breath. The moments you want to treasure forever.
It’s the small things, the everyday things, the quiet places and common moments that real us in and remind us of who we are and also allow us to dream and remember. Capturing those moments on the canvas is my delight in life.
Art should make you feel those things and if it does then I did it right. It’s not what I see when I paint it but also what you feel. You are as much a part of the art as the artist.
Want to know more about me, or just kill some time reading….. 10 more things about me
- I believe food should be an experience and hubby and I love trying new things and places to eat.
- If I start a book I usually read it from cover to cover if I can stay awake.
- I lived in San Francisco once
- I don’t like spicy food
- I can drive a stick
- Sarcasm keeps me sane
- I love psychology, positive thinking, quotes, happy things, sunshine
- singing out loud makes me feel good, of course, I don’t sound very good but I do it anyway
- I love to help people reach their best creative dreams
- I am living proof that you are never too old to follow your dreams and become the artist you always dreamed of, begin today and don’t stop. You don’t need anyone’s permission, do it because it’s in your heart and soul.
If you need encouragement or someone to chat with….I love to share art talk and work through struggles and always happy to meet new art friends.