I am a coffee snob, a truckers wife, I love birds, reading, cooking, and knitting socks. There is nothing like real butter on a fresh-baked piece of bread and my newly acquired skill is being able to cook a meal at 65mph in the big truck as we cruise on down the road.
I have been self-employed and had a successful online business for over 20 years.
At heart I am an artist who squeezes art in every chance she gets and when I am not doing it I am thinking about it, planning it or learning new things.
You could say I am a learnaholic! I am always interested in keeping my creative mind fed.
Art has been a part of my life for the last 3 decades and it has been both my joy and passion and my therapy. It has kept me sane through raising a family and it is what I look forward to every day.
I believe in learning, taking courses and tutorials and always expanding my creative inspirations. At times it leads to what I call the candy store effect in which you want to do all the things.
Of course, I can’t do ALL the thing so I had to choose I now focus on pastels, colored pencils, and watercolors these days.
Color is my favorite muse, I love rich bright colors in my work. I like to push the subject beyond the normal colors present and see where I can take it. That is part of the adventure, some days it takes me places I never expected.
Want to know more about me, or just kill some time reading….. 10 more things about me
- I believe food should be an experience and hubby and I love trying new things and places to eat.
- If I start a book I usually read it from cover to cover if I can stay awake.
- I lived in San Francisco once
- I don’t like spicy food
- I can drive a stick
- Sarcasm keeps me sane
- I love psychology, positive thinking, quotes, happy things, sunshine
- singing out loud makes me feel good, of course, I don’t sound very good but I do it anyway
- I love to help people reach their best creative dreams
- I am living proof that you are never too old to follow your dreams and become the artist you always dreamed of, begin today and don’t stop. You don’t need anyone’s permission, do it because it’s in your heart and soul.
If you need encouragement or someone to chat with….I love to share art talk and work thru struggles and always happy to meet new art friends.